Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

How much is a free drink worth?

So, as some of you know, lately I've been expanding my dating adventures. I went into this thinking...well, if nothing else, it's a free drink, right? But now, after a few dates with a few random guys, I'm starting to wonder, how much is a free drink worth?

Now, don't get me wrong.  All of these guys have been interesting in their own ways.  But you all know how easily I can eliminate a guy, and DC has not taken that out of me.  Here are just a few snippets:

One guy told me about how his mom is dying for him to have kids so she has some "normal" grandkids because his brother has some redneck kids from a variety of different women...none of whom he's actually dating or married to at this point.

Another guy told me that he goes straight home after work to play video games and then he stays up until about 2 am playing.  And he couldn't believe that his roommate had the audacity to give him a hard time about it and make fun of him for never working out. By the way, he's a US Marshal...scary to think I could probably out run him, right?

And my all-time favorite - I had a guy tell me that even though he's short, he'd be willing to wear "shape ups" to get a little taller if I prefer taller guys.

So, here's what I've learned: If by 30 minutes into the date, I'd rather be cleaning my condo and eating sour patch kids than hanging out with him, it's not worth the free drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment